The CBD market is becoming very competitive. CBD products come in so many forms that manufacturers must consider different strategies to improve their packaging and labels and make their products as visible as possible.
But what should a CBD product label look like? How do you pull all the details together in an attractive way that also reflects your brand? And how do you ensure that your label can differentiate your product from your competitors?
As you research your competition, as yourself:
- What do you love most about a product label design?
- What do you dislike about it?
- How much info do the labels provide? Too much? Too little? Are they FDA compliant?
- What kind of fonts and images are used? What is the text-to-image ratio?
- What about the adhesives and materials? How do they contribute to the overall quality and aspect of a label?
Keep in mind that cannabis product labels should be not just visually appealing, but also very resistant. Many CBD products require oil-resistant, abrasion-resistant and fade-resistant labels, so using the right label material is important both for visual and durability reasons.
Whatever you do, keep in mind that less is more, and simplicity can turn your label into a winner, if you also find the perfect blend of color, contrast, text and image.