Finding a dependable company like Primeflex Labels Inc., to print out your product labels and packaging labels is no easy feat in every city. You have to make sure the company in question not only offers you the best rates in the industry, but that it’s also capable of finishing new labels in time, solving problems creatively, and working with special kinds of paper and surfaces, when you’re preparing a new product.
The first thing you need to ask is whether the company is able to produce custom labels. This means not only changing the design, fonts and images shown on the label to reflect the message and brand image you’re trying to promote, but also the changing the shape, type of paper, thickness and size of your label at short notice.
When you pitch a design idea, and you expect the label manufacturer to provide you with a product that matches your idea, they should also be able to go the extra mile and show you different versions of the design that might work better.
Finally, ask about the graphics and special custom features they may offer, and inquire about the price. In many cases, the best label manufacturers will provide you with different services in exchange for added fees and payments, but they’ll also give you a discount, depending on how much you’re willing to buy from them.
A lot of people just opt for basic rectangular or square packages that fit everything in conveniently. After all, boxes can be stacked on one-another, and it’s easy to pick them up and place them in the queue before being shipped. But have you ever thought that the packaging of your products can be used to ensure not only that your packages will arrive safely, but also to promote your business?
The packaging you use for your products does have to be convenient. A flat upper and lower surface will ensure that. However, it’s also true that these packages can be bumped against each other a lot in transit, and if you’re shipping fragile products, that’s a big no-no. To show consideration, it’s a good idea to use packages with rounded corners and sides, or even triangular, dome-shaped, wheel-shaped and octagonal packages.
These unique package shapes will ensure greater stability and prevent the contents of the package from being damaged as easily.
If you just want to attract the buyer’s attention and get them to be awed by the beauty of your package, then you can also consider a flower box package or packages shaped like stars or hearts. Along with a unique packaging label, these shapes will definitely get your clients to buy more often from your shop. There are many different options, check them out https://primeflex.com/unique-solutions/flexible-pouch-packaging/.
When you’re preparing a package, custom package labels can make a great deal of difference in terms of bringing people awareness about your business. Whenever you ship a product that someone bought online, you have the opportunity to promote your business, and keep a vivid image of your brand, its mission and its goals, in the minds of your clients and future prospects.
The idea is simple. Package labels are used to convey a message, promote a brand and even give personal messages to clients. So, you can do all three of these things, and promote your business to other prospects – such as the friends and family of your client – at the same time.
A custom package label will draw attention to the product and the unique buying experience of the client. Special Custom label printing Denver offers can also be personalized to account for special family events that the buyer can specify when they purchase your product, and they can be made to draw attention to an upcoming holiday (and your holiday sales!) or to just express a heartfelt thanks to your client.
With custom package labels, you can move your business along surprisingly fast. When people see the level of professionalism and attention you show by personalizing your package labels, they won’t hesitate to buy from you again.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is the authority responsible for checking and making sure that the food products and drugs sold in the US are safe and that the labels used on these products contain all the information that the buyer can possibly need to be able to make an informed decision about whether or not to use the product and to be able to use the product correctly. Here are some of the most important informative label elements required by the FDA:
- The name of the product;
- The net quantity or the amount of product contained in the package;
- The list of ingredients, including colorants, preservatives, possible allergens;
- Nutrition facts, including the calories, minerals, trace elements, vitamins and other components and information related to the recommended daily values for children and adults;
- The claims made by the product, such as health effects;
- Recommended methods of usage, such as specific usage instructions.
To make sure that your product labels respect all the legal requirements, consult the FDA’s guidelines before you start to design your flexible packaging product labels – failing to comply with all the requirements can entail charges and it can lead to dangerous situations for our buyers.
Wine is a tricky and sensitive product when it comes to reaching out to your customer base – the right style and design of the label is often the single source of information for the customer, so the Colorado custom label printing company will tell you the label can make or break your wine marketing efforts. Here are a few things that can be communicated through the labels that you use on your wine bottles:
- Brand identity – your wine labels will first of all tell your customers how well you know your brand. The label for a wine that comes from a traditional, old French vineyard should look completely different from a label used by a young company whose products are targeted towards the younger generations of professionals;
- The feeling experienced while savoring the wine in the bottle – the artwork and the colors used on wine labels are usually indicative of the feelings experienced while consuming the product. A label for a fruity, refreshing wine needs to use fresh, pastel colors, maybe some bold shapes, while a full-bodied red or a dessert wine needs to indicate the heaviness of the wine with dark colors and metallic hues, such as gold;
- Knowledge of your target group – a well-designed label talks to the customer and invites him or her to taste the wine because it speaks the language of the target group.
Custom labels are among the most efficient marketing tools available today – a well-designed label has instant impact on the customer, it creates an instant mental link between the packaging and the product contained, therefore it is an essential component in any branding arsenal. However, not all types of product packages can benefit from custom labels – for example packaging that already carries a specific design, such as the cardboard boxes used for packaging household appliances that already include artwork, logos, product information and catch phrases would be unnecessarily overloaded if a custom label were added, too.
If you are currently considering creating custom labels for your products, here are a few types of packages that can use them:
- Plain bottles, bags or boxes – if your packaging is transparent or of a single color, without any text or logo displayed on the packaging itself;
- Additional information – if you use the same packaging across your product line and you need a way to distinguish your products or if you already have product-related details printed directly on the package, but you need to add extra information. For instance the marijuana packaging labels Colorado printing companies do require different labels;
- Promotions – if you want to launch a promotional campaign, additional custom labels are the easiest way to inform your customers about the promotion.
Designing your own artwork to use on the packaging of your products is hard work, but it is also very rewarding – while there are many technical aspects that you should bear in mind during the design phase and you also need to be aware of the legal requirements regarding the types of information to be displayed on packaging labels, creating a design that your customers like and that sells our products is a wonderful thing. To make the process easier for you, here are a few design tips:
- Don’t overcrowd the design and don’t use too many colors – labels are usually small stickers that cannot accommodate too many elements without looking too packed;
- Use images of the highest quality – what looks good on your computer screen might not look so good on the label, so make sure the images and the drawing that you use are of the highest resolution;
- Find out about printing requirements – the color gamut that you need to use, the resolution accepted by the Denver packaging company in your area, the file format required are all essential for success;
- Get a proof before the mass printing starts – a physical proof of the label that you have created is essential for detecting any errors or to make sure that the final outcome is exactly the way you want it to be.
Product labels feature designs specific to the marketer or the manufacturer, so the range of information and shapes that custom labels include is practically endless, but there are some features and details that all labels should contain:
- The name of the product;
- The name and address of the marketer and/or the manufacturer;
- Product code and dimensions – if applicable, such as in the case of machine parts;
- Volume and weight – again, only if applicable, such as in the case of food products or cosmetics;
- Expiration date;
- Special conditions required for proper storage, such as environment temperature, the number of days that the product can be used or consumed after opening;
- Special conditions of use, such as usage for medical purposes this is especially important for marijuana labels Colorado companies now produce or information related to age groups that should not come into contact with the product, such as toddlers;
- List of ingredients – essential for cosmetics, food products as well as for chemicals;
- Warnings related to potential hazards, such as components that might trigger allergic reactions or flammability;
- A short description of the product that includes the flavor, if the space permits, some marketing texts about the effects of the product, the feeling it creates.
Switching product labels seasonally can be an excellent, very efficient marketing tool for certain products, but it may be unnecessary for others – if your product line includes seasonal products, such as beverages offered in various tastes, some of which feature flavors for the winter period, while others are refreshing, summer flavors, differentiating them with seasonal labels is very useful, but if you market car parts or exclusive marijuana packaging Colorado now has, such differentiation would only incur unnecessary costs. Here are a few types of products that can be sold much more efficiently in seasonal packaging:
- Beverages and sweets – candies, chocolate bars, soda products, fruit and vegetable juices can all benefit from packaging designed for specific seasons, most notably summer and winter;
- Cooking ingredients – products typically used as ingredients for foods associated with certain holidays can also be sold better wrapped in seasonal packaging. Castor sugar, for example, is a major ingredient of heavy, chocolaty Christmas cakes and it is also used for creating airy, fruity cakes in summer, so using different package design for the two seasons makes all the sense;
- Cosmetics products – the same goes for shower gels meant to be comforting when it is freezing outside and product lines designed to be cooling and refreshing on hot summer days.
When it comes to product packaging, some brands come to mind instantly – we all can mention at least two or three labels and packages that have become imprinted in our memory, label and package designs that use shapes, colors and lettering that are instantly recognizable and consistently linked to the product they are featured on. Product marketers from all industries are thriving to create such packaging and labels, so here are a few features shared by the most iconic labels and packaging designs:
- Package shape – user-friendliness is key when it comes to the shape of the packaging. Many iconic brands became successful because they were brave enough to think outside the box and they got rid of traditional shapes in favor of enhanced usability;
- A well-defined target group – men don’t resonate to the same shapes and colors as women, the shapes that younger buyers find intriguing are different from the designs that attract the older generations and the most successful packages and labels throughout history were always designed with the preferences of the target group in mind;
- Recognizable symbols – using an iconic shape, such as a red, heart-shaped box or using cannabis packaging labels Colorado designers are creating these days will instantly inform customers about what’s inside. The best packages throughout history make use of such symbolism to create the mental link between package and product.