When it comes to packaging, design is very important in selling on. The colors and the pictures are often a driving force in the way consumers perceive the products at a deeper level. Additionally, products must be packed safely but also practically, so that unboxing is smooth and easy. There are however cost effective customizable flexible packaging pouches that are a buzz in the industry. All these details change and evolve in time, according to market researches revealing what the consumers want, as well as according to new psychological researches that provide information about the way people associate colors and pictures, and the correspondences they create.
Packaging trends for the near future include the following aspects:
- Integrating biodegradable and eco-friendly materials, as well as creating a natural design, based on simplicity and recycled items
- Clean-cut designs with minimal elements that are still able to get the point across
- Bright colors combined in exciting new ways that highlight a product or variations within a product. Used effectively, color represents that attribute that makes you remember a product even when you forgot its name.
- The use of illustrations that tell a story
Narrative illustrations begin to reclaim their place and to be used as a part of a brand`s identity
- Custom fonts based on hand writing are more and more used in packaging designs, because their fluid imperfections and irregularities provide an authentic aspect and create a particular feeling.