Out of the desire to meet consumers’ needs, packaging design trends are constantly changing, becoming one of the most exciting and dynamic sectors of the packaging industry. Specialists warn that certain trends are beginning to fade, so in the coming years we can forget about the packaging with excessive graphics and dull colors. The new packaging design trends are quite the opposite and here are some of their characteristics.
The minimalist style is observed in all design categories, so in the coming years we could see modern, minimalistic packaging, far from the classical, “old school” designs. White space begins to dominate the surface of the packaging, being surrounded by just a few colors and only the most relevant product information.
Designers with a known Denver packaging company take on more and more creative risks and come with innovative packaging solutions, willing to test more and more boundaries
As consumers become more aware of the impact of their purchases over the environment, more and more brands opt for organic packaging. Plastic (which is cheap and affordable) is slowly replaced with biodegradable materials such as paper, bamboo and glass. Researchers have already gone even further, by inventing sustainable packaging made from algae gel or even edible packaging solutions.
The manufacturing industry has changed quite a lot in the last 20-30 years, and lately the changes are significantly faster than ever. In this ever-changing marketplace, manufacturing companies must find ways to keep up. Adopting the best practices in this industry is always a key to success.
First, it is about considering more than just the work performed within the manufacturing facility. Companies must now think about all the details, from raw materials, to manufacturing processes and the contracts with retailers, designing custom packaging Colorado businesses want, and so much more. They are looking for new solutions for complete operations management and quality control.
Statistics show that manufacturing companies that have been concerned about these aspects for a long time and improved their work procedures constantly experience increases in every direction: on-time delivery, equipment effectiveness, raw material usage and customer services. All these ultimately translate into efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Successfully manufacturing companies that maintained their position in the market for years are much more likely to combine traditional and automated methods, as well as to utilize quality management systems and manufacturing intelligence.
In the future, they are also expected to invest in enterprise solution platforms able to connect all the important business processes and in fully automated data collection.
When it comes to job growth, the annual forecast show Colorado ranking high in the top 10 states, which makes it a very good place for people in search of career and business growth opportunities. In these circumstances, there is no wonder that Colorado has one of the fastest rates of population growth in the country. This year, it added almost 100,000 people and reached a total of 5.5 million.
Business growth prospects were visible in most sectors, except for natural resources and mining. Construction sector was the most active, with a job growth of almost 6%.
The industries with the most significant contribution to job gains in 2018 are expected to be professional and business services with an emphasis in custom packaging Denver services, trade transportation and utilities, as well as education and services. Together, they will add almost 30,000 jobs.
Higher prices for natural gas and oil will also make natural resources stronger. Trade employment will grow too, in 2018, in spite of e-commerce.
However, there is a problem that everyone is talking about: the aging workforce and the insufficient number of skilled workers to fill all the existing jobs.
Even so, Colorado will remain among the top 10 states with the most significant business growth prospects and will continue to be the envy of many other states.
The manufacturing industry in the United States used to have great productivity, but the recession weakened it, just as it weakened most other sectors of the economy. During the last couple of years, the state of Colorado witnessed its revival; however, one problem still exists: a significant shortage of skilled workers. Due to this fact, it should not be too difficult to find a job in manufacturing, these days, as companies keep running advertisements and do their best to attract employees. Businesses such as a Colorado label company are experiencing growth in meeting the demands of the manufacturing companies.
About 20% of the existing jobs in the manufacturing sector require no skills; for the rest, you will need vocational training or better and an associate’s degree that can be acquired in a few years. Payment will be higher for workers with specialized certification, so education must not be neglected.
Additionally, a candidate for a manufacturing job should have the following personal qualities and skills:
- Be clean and able to pass a drug test
As an employee of a manufacturing company, you will work in a demanding factory setting, with potentially dangerous equipment, so you will not be allowed to put the working environment at any risk.
- Good social communication
Workers in the manufacturing industry often work in teams, so they must operate as such.
- Ability to work with computerized equipment that exists in most factories these days
- Ability to respect a schedule, show up on time and be dependable.
The good news is that the US`s economic recovery is on its way and the manufacturing industry keeps growing, after the recession. The bad news is that manufacturing companies encounter difficulties in recruiting trained workers, able to keep up with the current demand for services and products, in spite of running permanent advertisements.
Aging workforce and the fact that young people are not attracted anymore to the manufacturing sector primarily cause this situation. Career guidance provided by parents and school counselors alike is college-oriented, even if college is not for everyone and should not be emphasized as the only favorable career choice.
If the manufacturing industry wants to attract more workers in the future, it must work on cleaning up its image. Look to a eco friendly Denver packaging company to provide wonderful training and learn more about the logistics of manufacturing jobs. Technical colleges must be encouraged and manufacturing companies should find ways to collaborate with them, developing apprenticeship programs and bringing young students in direct contact with job opportunities that they probably did not even know existed.
In the same time, manufacturing companies should improve their organizational culture, by adopting new measures to meet the needs of the new generations of workers: better working conditions, better communication, better career opportunities (opposed to mediocre job opportunities to make a living for the time being) etc.
According to the Department of Commerce, the manufacturing industry keeps growing at a steady pace. Since the recession, manufacturing output has increased with almost 40% in Colorado and keeps adding new jobs every year; this aspect, as well as the rate of population growth in the state, puts manufacturing companies in the position to keep recruiting in order to fill vacant positions.
What is interesting to observe is that the manufacturing center of gravity tends to move from traditional areas (Pueblo and Colorado Springs) to the north: metro Denver area, Greeley and Fort Collins are seeing the manufacturing sector becoming more and more important. In metro Denver and in Greeley, it rose with almost 4% last year, while in Fort Collins it rose with over 6%.
Specialist identified that this year, the priorities for manufacturing companies in Colorado included cutting operational costs , seeking new markets and strategic planning for short term. In order to keep growing in the future, they must also focus on continuously improving their operational infrastructure. Take for instance packaging companies looking to expand their flexible packaging options to help reduce cost for their clients which also helps the environment.
In 2018, sectors like high tech and construction supplies are expected to do better than others, but overall, specialists estimate that the manufacturing industry in Colorado will reach the production levels that used to exist before the recession.
If you have been searching for a job for some time and you have finally received that phone call that invites you to a job interview, here are a few tips that you could use before and during the interview:
- Prepare thoroughly – make sure you find out everything you can about the company that invited you for the interview. For instance, if you are interviewing with a custom packaging Colorado based company, you will want to include earth friendly issues and possible solutions. Look for information about their products and services, their market share, the number of their employers, their mission statement. Try to anticipate difficult questions and prepare answers that will allow you to guide the conversation with the recruiter.
- Be on time – make sure you get to the interview venue early. Arriving early will allow you to calm down before the interview.
- Stay calm throughout the interview – according to recruitment experts, about 70% of the information that determines the recruiter to hire or to reject an applicant comes via body language. Your posture, your facial expression and the way you keep or avoid eye contact are difficult to control, but practice can help you a lot with this part as well.
- Send a follow-up message – a thank-you message that includes a few details that you did not get the chance to mention during the interview will surely be appreciated by the recruiter.
The economy is boosting in Colorado – recession took its toll on the state’s prosperity, but it is over now and the area is becoming more and more attractive for investors. No economic development would be sustainable without a solid industrial background and fortunately there are around half a dozen major industries present in the state – here are the most important branches:
- Mining and the energy industry – Colorado is a state with a rich geography that hides various different sources of energy in large quantities. Mining and the production of energy are among the most important industries in the area, with lots of major industrial companies engaged in the exploitation of natural resources as well as in research and development.
- Tourism – another industry thriving because Colorado’s terrain is so varied. Major tour operators, hotel chains and other key players of the tourism industry are all present in the area.
- Agriculture – livestock, cereal and vegetable farming, organic farming, food processing and food production are all thriving in the state. Colorado is also a world-class center for brewing craft beer, making the farming of raw ingredients used in beer production one of the most important driving forces in the industry, which also lends to the increase of business for a local Denver packaging company producing some of the best eco-friendly labeling available.
It has taken the manufacturing industry some time to recover after the recession that was affecting the entire economy for years, but today it is going strong and thriving. This also means that the industry is experiencing strong demand for workforce, so if you want to start a career in manufacturing or you are looking for more challenging employment opportunities, now is the time – here are the hottest jobs right now:
- Software engineers – most machines used in the manufacturing industry are computer-controlled. Each type of production requires specialized software solutions and each type of product is manufactured using a dedicated software solution. Whether it is food or machine part manufacturing, chemical production or textile making, software engineers that are able to deliver the required program are highly in demand.
- Process engineers – manufacturing is a process that needs engineers able to create carefully process designs that account for every step, from the initial design phase to the final phase of packaging and delivering the end product. It requires a good communication with a complete custom packaging Denver firm.
- Supply chain managers – manufacturing is done using raw materials that are processed or parts that are assembled. Supply chain managers are responsible for making sure that production can run smoothly and conveyor belts never stop because of a shortage in the necessary materials or parts.
- Machine operators – the complex and advanced machines used in manufacturing need to be operated by trained technicians who are able to operate computers and learn new technologies.
The Denver job market is highly competitive, therefore successful job hunting here is much, much more than preparing a resume, sending it out to as many companies as you can find, then hoping to get invited to an interview. It is a process that requires a strategic approach – if you think you can do with a few pieces of advice about how to make your job search more structured and more efficient, here are our top tips:
- Adjust your resume to meet the requirements specified in the job ad you are applying to – it is hard work and it takes a lot of time and energy, but customizing your resume each time you apply for a job is the best way to show prospective employers that you are the perfect candidate. Submitting a resume for a business like a earth friendly Colorado Label company is much different than applying for a job at a local rubber company that is not so earth friendly.
- Write a customized cover letter – write a separate cover letter to each potential employer. Make sure you highlight all the skills, qualities and experience that is relevant for the job that you want, but don’t repeat the information in the resume.
- Branding yourself – many employers check the online background of the applicants, including profiles on social media. Make sure that they will not find anything you don’t want them to find and update your profiles on job board and networking sites as well.